Older Wiser Local Seniors (OWLS) supports older people (aged 60+) living in Burley, Hyde Park, Little Woodhouse, Headingley and parts of Kirkstall (North West Leeds) to stay healthy and independent.
*CORONAVIRUS UPDATE* OWLS regular activities are temporarily suspended. Instead, we are running the following temporary free services for people aged 60+ in our area:
- Phone a New Friend: A new service to buddy up OWLS members for a weekly chat with each other – so that you’re helping other OWLS’ stay chipper and stay calm.
- Weekly Shopping Delivery Service – bringing you essentials from the supermarket
- Phone us – call us Monday-Friday 9-4pm on 0113 369 7077 / Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org checked daily.
- Seeing others online – join a zoom group or borrow a tablet
- Phone calls to you on a regular basis to keep in contact and for a chat with staff and phone befriending volunteers.
OWLS is ready to take your call. If you’re 60+ living in our area but not a member yet get in touch so we can help. 0113 369 7077
Would you like to receive a copy of OWLS quarterly newsletter? You don’t have to be a member or living in our area to receive it.
We are one of 35 Neighbourhood Network Schemes supporting older people across the city. OWLS is managed by Bramley Elderly Action and supported by Leeds City Council.